Opening of the ski area usually from the 12 December 24 April
Paradiski in figures :
• 425 Km of slopes – 29 Black, 66 red, 132 blue and 12 green slopes
• Altitude 1250m -3226m
• 440 snow cannons
• 153 km of cross-country trails
• 70% skiing is above 2000m
• 2 glaciers
• 2 cable cars, 20 high speed chairlifts, 46 chairlifts
• One of the longest ski pist in the world : 17km long glacier at 3226m 1200m Villaroger.
- The biggest cable car car in the world, technological challenge the Vanoise Express link between Peisey-Vallandry and Montchavin - les Coches in less than 5 minutes
From chalet Sterwen you will ski the whole area of Paradiski (La Plagne les Arcs joined) and nearby resorts
with 3 lifts 6 km away with free skiers shuttle to funicular.
A/ Arc 1600 ascent with the Bourg saint Maurice funicular in 7 minutes. Free shuttle or 6km less than 10 minutes by car. L’Ecole de ski est au sommet du funiculaire. The Polaire Star ski shop at the foot of the funicular offers 15% discount, 25% in low season and can keep your skis/boots at the end of the day
B / Montchavin 6 km by car 7 minutes. Access to the gondola lift to les Coches. Ski schools and kindergarden on-site . This is the ideal place for families, much smaller than Arc 1600. On-site ski rental, ski school. Ideal beginner or to organize a ski lesson.
C/ Peisey- Vallandry 6 km or 10 minutes by car from the televillage lift. Ski schools and kindergarden are at the top of the village lift Lonzagne. It is the center of ski area.
D / Quick access to nearby resorts : 12.5km from chairlift Ecudets for La Rosiere with his link with La Thuile in Italy. A 23,5 Km from Sainte-Foy village resort and known for it's off piste , 28,8KM from Tignes Brevieres, 30,6 km from the gondola Brides les Bains to Meribel in 25mn ascent. A 37,5 Km from Val d'Isere.
From chalets farm du Villaret you will ski the whole area of Paradiski (La Plagne les Arcs joined) using free village lift 200m from the house, which gets you to Peisey Vallandry which is the center of the Les Arcs La Plagne area.
You will have three options :
– family skiing 100% nature and protected in the middle of the trees on the area of Vallandry. Off-piste in the Rosuel Valley with easy access however Virgin of all equipment. Perfect for ski touring at the start of la Chenarie to "grand col" with 1500 m vertical. Or 2300 m vertical if you go up to the mont Pourri.
– Ski in Les Arcs.
– Skiing in la Plagne using the Vanoise Express cable car which will take you across the valley to Montchavin – Les Coches and the whole area of La Plagne. From les Coches you will access quickly the Bellecôte glacier and its exceptional skiing.
Snowboarders are spoiled for choice: snow parks, airbags and powder runs as much as needed. Ride beautiful Vallandry trails lined with trees , get your confidence back in the ski school area 1600 or ride the black piste named after the founder of Les Arcs – Robert Blanc.
4 ski loops of 6 to 14 Km in a varied landscape of spruce forests, larch wood, Open pastures, "Montagnettes" summer chalets buried under the snow. Quiet away from the noise and the crowd. Free shuttle every 30 minutes for you to go. on-site ski rental and ski lessons. heated room and easier access for handiski.
GUIDES and PRIVATE INSTRUCTORS
-Guide to ski off-piste or hiking in the mountains
-for a simple fast and effective method, physics-based, bio mechanics and psychology. “METASKI”
ideal if you want to progress quickly. Private lessons only. instructors will meet you throughout the valley. www.valdisereskischool.com
Ski lessons in Les Arcs and Peisey Vallandry: ski-aim.com